There are a number of times in the course of any relationship which are critical for its health and the happiness of those involved –
- At the beginning of a relationship your patterns of behaviour and expectations of each other are being set.
- When the newness of the relationship begins to wane and you catch yourself taking your partner for granted.
- The birth of children or the addition of new responsibilities.
- When the pressure of time and the demands of others impact on your relationship.
- Crises such as unfaithfulness, unemployment, financial hardship, serious illness or injury
All these situations have significant relational implications. Relational coaching can help at times like this.
Relational Coaching is Different!
Many of us talk to a friend about our partners, some talk to no-one. Coaching provides a different alternative. You can talk to a coach with confidence because –
- Your coach is trained in careful listening.
- Your coach is committed to the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Your coach will not tell you what they think you want to hear or what they would do in your situation.